FUMBBL Blood Bowl Leagues are simply brilliant!


As an avid [L]eague player on FUMBBL, I do find it mildly amusing that despite the different rounds and delays and all that, all the leagues I am in tend to begin and end around the same time, and so today, despite being in 5 leagues now, I have no more matches to play "this season". Here's a little taster of the ones I am in;

OBBA :
After successive seasons of finishing 3rd, 2md and 2nd in the Premiership with my long suffering Chaos Dwarves it will be difficult to maintain this level with so many good coaches and teams in OBBA. Admittedly, I didn't participate in the OBBA Cup the season due to frankly too many commitments in real life and online, but OBBA is due to restart very soon. They now have 180+ matches under their belts, and have been playing from season 10 to season 27 now.

WIBBL :
After winning the Premiership for a record 6th time I really should drop out and give another team a chance, but my Chaos side are soooo beautifully mutated and hold a number of records in the 'Lists' for League - Chaos players, it seems only right to coach them until they die and their souls are reclaimed by the dark gods. They lasted from season 5 through to season 22, which is a long stint for any team.

OWCC :
This Nurgle team has been very successful, and if Papa Nurgle deems fit, I hope they continue to do so. They've won 3 conferences and a couple of cups and a shield... and I want to get over 100 games in with them if possible.

EBBL :
I'm only 13 games in to this new NFL themed league, but it's been a lot of fun and certainly different in style and format to other Leagues I've participated in. I've done much better than I expected with this Nurgle team, but other matches have to be played to see the final standings.

SAWBBL :
This was my first season in this league after having dropped out of WIL after a long-serving 280+ games. Having wanted to attend the real life SAWBBL but missing out due to scheduling clashes, I figured the online version run by NAF head honcho sann0638 was the next best thing. I've just finished my last match in this league with my Orcs, and should finish in the top 3 or 4 depending on other results.

I've enjoyed all of these leagues very much, and as always, I tip my cap to the League Administrators who do sterling work keeping the rounds going, injecting enthusiasm into the participants, managing the fluff and some of the very cool statistics pages and trophy images they get done. I can't recommend joining the right league enough... I only join European Times leagues, and this has worked very well for me. I find it's worth hanging in to new leagues as the unreliable coaches leave/get kicked and you are left with a bunch of guys & gals that know how to organise and schedule matches in advance and the in-match banter is sensible and fun. Of course, building rivalries within a league and getting revenge also is very addictive too!

Comments

Popular Posts