Undead Blood Bowl team

Back in the early 1990's while at University, I purchased a Blood Bowl boxed team entitled "Champions of Death" undead team. I played with them a number of times but never got round to painting them. These are the Games Workshop 3rd edition miniatures.

Well, with the STABB Cup V coming up on the 3rd October 2015 - a St Albans based real life tournament - I decided it was time to dig them out (ok, pun intended) and give them a new lease of life.

My only other official Games Workshop Blood Bowl team that I had painted (other than a badly done metal orc team that really need stripping down and redoing!) was a Dark Elf team with a striking purple/pink element to them - and that was the inspiration for the undead teams kit.
However, they are undead - I didn't intend for them to look anything like as clean or sharp as the Dark Elves. They started off looking like this;
However, I think I washed them out to be too 'dirty' looking, so I instead I re-introduced the pink again;
Led of course by their Necromancer;
Furthermore, with a few skeletons spare, and the lack of budget to buy anything else, I decided to include a chainsaw wielding star player;
In the end, they didn't do too bad, with a 3 wins/1 draw /2 loss record;
Naturally, the next project would be a Necromantic team. This would allow me to use most of the Undead team, but replacing the mummies with Flesh Golems, and 2 ghouls with werewolves.

Comments

Popular Posts