Necromantic Blood Bowl team - additions to the Undead


The next real life Blood Bowl tournament on the calendar was Boudica Bowl IV over in Huntingdon on the 6th February 2016.

Having completed an Undead team, I hunted around for a good pair of Werewolves and Flesh Golems that were the positionals for this squad. I found four great miniatures over at Willy Miniatures.









Assembly wasn't easy however. I hadn't drilled or pinned a miniature in a very long time and the Golems were of the size, weight and balance that they were going to topple over and break if I didn't. Furthermore, the tails on the werewolves looked nice, but they were so bendy it meant that they would soon break off, especially as they didn't fit easily into a foam carry case.

Another complication were the lower jaws of the werewolves that needed attaching. I didn't help things by trying to get the tab into the base and bent/snapped off the tab that slots into the model's base. This meant I had to get the greenstuff out.

This picture, taken before the basing had been done and final touch-ups had been completed showed the werewolves with both their tails present, and an attempt to give them glowing green eyes, similar to the Golems.
During the tournament, one Golem finished with no arms, and would have to go back to Dr Frakenstein's lab to be re-sewn.
Again, for continuity with the Undead team members, the purple/pink kit featured on these models too.

In the end I played 3 consecutive tournaments with a fair bit of success with them. They were my painted team of 2016.

Comments

Popular Posts